Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Is this the Answer?

I had this impression that if I removed gluten – if that was somehow offending my system – I should drop pounds. 

Right?    


The scale wasn’t moving.  The tape measure read the same.

Obviously, removing gluten wasn’t the “secret” to optimal body size & weight.

That was so disappointing.  I had continued for about 2 months, and definitely felt better digestion was happening.  No heartburn ever.  I used to experience that occasionally – especially when I over ate.  Also, when I ate ice cream.  With removing dairy that was eliminated.

That was really the major difference.  I didn’t feel bad when I started this process, so I didn’t feel an overwhelming rush of energy or general sense of well-being as a result of removing gluten.

I was eating better quality foods.  When I started this journey, I vowed to not just go to the “substitution route” with chemically created foods to replace my dairy or gluten products.

I really did want to see a change in the scale or tape measure. 

I Am Worth This Work,
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment