Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Boredom, Loneliness, Stress...Oh My!

The first thing I am trying to do is use these strategies for the Emotional Eater.  Three things to look out for are:

  • Boredom – According to Just 10 LBS, studies have shown most emotional eating occurs   between 7pm & 10 pm.  I'm not sure those times are accurate for me so, an important question I am keeping in mind – Am I eating to fill time?

  • Loneliness – As a recent empty nester, I will be mindful that this is not the reason to overeat.  With a lot of relationships including food as part of the gathering, this is going to require some thought.

  • Stress –  Wow!  I think this is a big one for me.  The stressors I’ve had in my life in the past couple of years would blow apart one of those how much stress questionnaires!  However everyone has stress, so strategies to relieve stress like enjoyable exercise, humor, & satisfying relationships are where I’ll be focusing.

Speaking of humor, this was just shared with me.

The correct way to weigh yourself:


I can't believe I was doing it wrong all these years.
WE MUST SPREAD THE WORD.

Other strategies include starting your day with a solid breakfast, cutting back on the amount of saturated fat, & filling the diet with fruits, veggies, & other body-honoring foods.  Plan ahead. 

I recently heard you could encourage fat burning by eating breakfast within 30 minutes of getting up.  Ugh!  Too early to prepare a balanced body-honoring breakfast for me.  I am using one of Brad’s recommended meal replacements for my breakfasts.  This morning was a Vanilla Cinch shake mixed with soy milk, a teaspoon of natural peanut butter, & ice cubes.  Yummy!  & 20 grams of protein to start my day!

If you want to try them out, Buy one, Get one FREE !( for new members)
Cinch Sample packs are available through the end of the month ( or while supplies last) at http://healthmatters4u.myshaklee.com/us/en/products.php?sku=59718



I Am Worth the Work!

Onward,
Lisa


6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the good laugh! Yes, I am an emotional eater for sure. Mine is not that late, more like midafternoon. When I work, I have no problem packing the proper balanced lunch. If I am home like with these snowdays, whatever calls when I open the refrigerator gets eaten. Need to plan better easy things for when I open that door!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's great you're doing this blog and I have found it's easier to lose weight when you have other people who are also trying to lose weight that you can talk to. I'm an emotional eater and my bad time of the day is between 7pm and 10pm. I find drinking flavored seltzer helps as well as having a bowl of washed grapes on the table to snack on. The cartoon you posted is very funny. Something fun to do in the winter - if it's not too cold - drive to the beach with a friend, walk on the sand, listen to the waves and enjoy the serenity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for commenting Gale....you made me realize something. Since I have work exclusively from home for the past 10 years, I had lost that structure! AHA moment! I think planning ahead will help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diana - thank you for your support. Actually maintaining connection is part of the Just 10 LBS program. I like the idea of having body-honoring snacks ready & available. A walk is a great idea......I have a hard time getting myself out in the cold.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Diana and Lisa, I would LOVE to walk on the beach the first day it is even close to warm enough. Actually, the first day it is warm enough to walk...let's plan to get together and walk and imagine we are at the beach. (Since it is a bit far away) Thinking about it lifts the spirit! Makes such a difference when you have someone to walk with.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that idea Gale! There are so many beautiful place to walk in this area. I would love to do more of it with friends.

    ReplyDelete