Sunday, November 27, 2011

Pizza Night

Well, we couldn’t avoid it forever.  You see pizza is a big deal in our household.  I like to make it for my family.  I like to make it for friends.  Friends enjoy our pizza nights.   I especially like to experiment with toppings that I never order out. 

My husband likes plain cheese pizza.  UGH!  Too boring for me.  I love chicken, onion & garlic pizza.  Meatball & onion pizza.  Broccoli, onion, & garlic pizza.  Also pizza with pesto or just olive oil, instead of tomato sauce.  Then, sometimes ricotta cheese.  These are all topped with mozzarella cheese. 

  


Hungry yet?

I went the recommended 2-3 weeks of removing dairy, then decided to do pizza night.  I decided to use a gluten free crust by Namaste for my pizza.  It involves getting the stand mixer out, so a little more work.  It definitely tastes and cooks differently.  This particular brand has spices in the dough.  With a gluten-free crust – I would only be adding in the dairy with the mozzarella cheese.

My family was happy that pizza night had returned.  Me too.  It tasted very good.

After, I felt bloated, uncomfortable, and like crap. 

That’s when I decided I need to keep the dairy out of my diet for good. 

So long pizza night……

I Am Worth This Work,
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment