Thursday, January 27, 2011

Just Say Skip It


I started my day with 60 minutes of Callanetics.  It felt so good & yes it was difficult.  Fortunately, my dabbling in yoga made it possible to complete it all.  My goal is to do the Callanetics program 3-4 times a week, incorporate a yoga class 1-2 times a week, and if this snow ever eases…….get back to walking & hiking.

One of my huge cravings in SALT!  Those of you that have ever eaten with me,  know you can find the salt shaker in front of me.  Isn’t it my personal salt shaker?  If I am at your home, and you neglected to put the salt out….I’ll find it.  I think the biggest reason I eat popcorn is to hold the salt.

I am fortunate to have optimal BP and other vitals.  However, I know the salt cravings are excessive.  Lately, I have been experimenting with various “Mrs. Dash” type spices and garlic powder.  It definitely is helping me reduce the salt. 

According to Just 10 LBs this is the Skip It list:

1.      Artificial Sweeteners – something I have been skipping for years – ever since I left the TAB days behind. 
2.      Fried Food -   This one also is not a big one for me.  I eat fried food occasionally at best, so I can Skip It.
3.      Soft Hi-Fat Milk Products – Although, skipping cream cheese, bleu cheese & blended iced coffee drinks are no biggie, come summer not taking a motorcycle ride to our favorite ice cream stop is going to hurt.
4.      Booze – Been Skipping It for years.
5.      Don’t Drink you Calories – All of those sugary juices, waters are rotten for your teeth, mind & body. Many of them include artificial sweeteners.  If you know me, you know I always have a bottle of water with me.  Water is my favorite drink and has been for years.  Even I have a difficult time ensuring I have 8 glasses in the cold weather. My solution - I fill refillable bottles or pitchers with the amount of water I want to consume for the day, then drink from it until it is finished.  I think it is important to drink good, pure water.  I have a reverse osmosis filter for my drinking water.  However, this GET CLEAN WATER is an affordable option for good water.

Learn more about it from this video.






If you want to know more,


I Am Worth This Work!

Onward,
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment