Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Challenges Lead to Successes!

Yesterday presented some challenges.

The day started great with another hour of Callanetics and a delicious Cinch Vanilla & Peanut Butter Shake for breakfast.  I was feeling great.

With my husband being out of work, we now eat lunch together.  It was after lunch – immediately after lunch- that the anxiety started.  You see after lunch my DH grabbed a bowl of animal crackers to eat….listening to the Crunch, Crunch, Crunch…..Ugh!  The thing is I don’t even care for animal crackers.  They are not a trigger food for me.  I didn’t want them.  But I couldn’t watch and listen to the mindless eating of them one after the other.  Crunch… crunch… crunch… - like Poe’s Telltale Heart.  Lol  I felt my anxiety level start to increase.  So I left.  I went downstairs to my office and did some work.

About an hour or so later, I went upstairs for a cup of tea and smelled the aroma of fragrant cinnamon - my DH was eating a bowl of oatmeal.  I know he wasn’t hungry.  He knew he wasn’t hungry.  He was eating out of boredom, like I’ve done so often.  I got my tea & called a friend.  I am glad to have tools like my list of non-food activities that enhance my life to rely on.  J

So, yesterday presented some challenges. 

More importantly it offered me an opportunity for successes.

I Am Worth This Work!

Onward,
Lisa


No comments:

Post a Comment